The U.S. Mint released updated sales figures for its collection of American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coins.
CoinNews photos of a 2019-W $5 Proof American Legion 100th Anniversary Gold Coin
Released last Thursday at prices ranging from $25.95 to $418.75, the seven commemorative products realized first-day sales of 39,671 coins for $3,629,464.25.
Orders through the weekend climbed by another 14,068 coins to a four-day total of 53,739 coins for $5,421,308.85.
The new commemoratives were among the Mint’s best sellers.
Weekly U.S. Mint Top Sellers
Here’s a listing of the U.S. Mint’s most popular products for the week ended March 17:
- 2019 Proof Set (+23,108 to 249,796)
- 2019-P Proof American Legion Silver Dollar (+13,799)
- 2019-S Proof American Legion Half Dollar (+9,146)
- 2019-D Uncirculated American Legion Half Dollar (+7,039)
- 2019-P Uncirculated American Legion Silver Dollar (+6,134)
- 2019 American Legion Three-Coin Proof Set (+4,512)
- 2019-W Proof $5 American Legion Gold Coin (+2,886)
- 2019-W Proof Silver Eagle (+2,512 to 250,076)
- 2018-S Proof American Innovation Dollar (+1,442 to 171,146)
- 2019-P Proof Apollo 11 Silver Dollar (+1,365 to 146,593)
In its latest report, the U.S. Mint published sales data for 127 numismatic products. Thirty-five products outperformed their prior weekly gains against 38 previously. Not counting the new commemorative coins so as to compare apples to apples, 5 products increased by more than 1,000 units against 7 in the previous report.
In addition, 13 products saw their sales reduced compared to 16 previously. The 5-ounce Apollo 11 coin saw the biggest loss, dropping 1,340 to 62,074.
US Mint Sales: Numismatic Products
Below are tables showing the latest sales for U.S. Mint numismatic products. The sales period covers from March 11 to 17. Products with an asterisk (*) are no longer available or had no reported sales.
Visit the United States Mint website at http://catalog.usmint.gov for product information.